Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Gift #6: Planner/Calender

He'll never forget your anniversary again with this exciting gift! Ok a planner and/or calender isn't the awesomest gift ever, but as with virtually all of my suggestions thus far, when you make it your own, you make it awesome. Several years ago, I got extra crafty and made a little desk calendar for my boyfriend at the time. I bought some mini monthly calendar sheets at the scrapbook store, but you could clearly just print out some free ones, like here or here. For each month, I kinda scrapbooked it up and made it look fun. Then I put little bubble stickers on all of the important dates, with a corresponding note about what day it was, near the bottom of the calender page. Mine looked kinda like this:


...except more dude-friendly. On the one hand, my ex-boyfriend always forgot my birthday and this may or may not have been my special way of reminding him. On the other hand, it really was a thoughtful gift and I figured it would be handy. Now perhaps he did NOT put it on his desk and perhaps we broke up a couple months after I gave it to him. Don't let this deter you from what I think is a sweet little idea. Don't let the craftiness deter you either...you really don't have to get all crafty at all. You could spend some hard earned cash and get some sassy photos taken and create your own pin-up calender! Ooooh! Or just throw together some pictures of your kids and get a nice cheap Walgreens Calender...wait a minute, starting at $19.99??? What a rip! Let's go back to the craftiness for a sec:
1. Cut some cardboard into 12 even sizes.
2. Punch two holes at the top of each piece.
3. Get yourself two metal binder rings.
4. Find some old photos, magazine clipping, pages out of a novel, see decoupage, and glue them, along with your printed months, to the cardboard.
5. Thread the binder rings through the holes at the top.
Omg, so freaking easy and would NOT cost you $19.99.

Anyway, once again, dig deep for that creativity that is seriously waiting to burst out of your body, I'm telling you!

2 comments:

  1. Again, cracking up at the labels: "it's January 6th buddy"...love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably should get on it too considering my massive advertisement!

    ReplyDelete