Thursday, November 5, 2009

Poor and in love?

You just hit the jackpot. But even if you aren't poor, even if you're so rich you are bathing in Benjamins and caviar, saving a few bucks is sexy. You know what isn't sexy? Spending all your money on a diamond encrusted Lamborghini. Alright, that's kinda sexy too. But what REALLY isn't sexy is slamming the door in your babe's face after some ginormous blow out about the stupid thermostat being too low. Cut the attitude, throw on a Snuggie for Two, and bookmark this blog.

Ok some backstory: I love a guy who is partly unemployed. And while I've got buckets of love to give, neither of us have buckets of cash to throw all over tri-state area. But because I love a good challenge, and since my last challenge is officially over, a wise woman with plenty of love wisdom thought writing a "Love on a Budget" blog would be a pretty rad idea. And I agree! (PS can I write the word 'love' one more time? barf!)

There are plenty of online articles in existence, which discuss tips and tricks to loving your man and/or woman for mere pennies a day, but I'm going to try and make this a little more personal. "Packing a picnic" is pretty cliché, but I'll tell you how to decliché-ify a very splendid idea. Basically the whole thing will not only help me awesome-ize my own relationship, but perhaps throw a few bones out there for my fellow poor peeps in love.

Single?

No worries. You're amazing. And I probably won't blog about hand-making your own lingerie. In other words, most of the stuff I'll discuss is just as beneficial to your friends, family, or anyone whom you love--who loves to feel special! That's the thing about love on a budget. You can turn boring errands into a unique outing. You can make a random and very blah 2pm on a Tuesday not so blah. Get creative, learn some new stuff, save some money. It really is win-win.

And as always, all comments, questions, and your OWN tips and tricks are certainly welcome. I'd love to have some guest bloggers from time to time as unique experiences truly make this crazy world go 'round. You DO make your own lingerie? Alright, alright, we should probably discuss.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome intro to this too cool blog! And thanks for the shout out...shout outs...shouts out! I can't wait for more. It will make the next financial setback that comes along prompt me to say, "no worries...I've been reading "Love on a Budget"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you!! I mean I HAD to give you the shoutout! And remember, send me any ideas that come your way :)

    ReplyDelete